Know India Programme (KIP) of the Ministry of External Affairs is a three- week orientation programme for diaspora youth (between the age of 18-30 years) and is conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information Technology, culture. KIP provides a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India.
2. The schedule of the 3 KIPs (54th, 55th and 56th) to be organised between August 2019 to January 2020 has been uploaded on the KIP portal (www.kip.gov.in).
3. Government of India will provide local hospitality e.g. board/lodging in budget hotels and Internal transportation in India to the participants. Indian Missions /Posts aboard will bear 90% of the total air fare. Gratis visa shall be granted to the selected participants by the Indian Missions/Posts abroad.
4. Kindly note the following Eligibility Criteria for the Know India programme:
(i). The programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding Non-Resident Indians) in the age group of 18-30 years, as on the first day of the month in which the programme is expected to begin. Non Resident Indians are not eligible for KIPs.
(ii). The applicant should not have participated in any previous KIP or Internship Programme for Diaspora Youth (IPDY) Study India Programme of MEA or any other programme organized and paid for by the Ministry of External Affairs and any other Ministry/Department in Government of India or a State Government in India.
(iii). Minimum qualification required for participating in KIP is graduation from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation.
(iv). All KIP participants are advised to obtain an international travel and medical insurance policy for their visit to India.
5. The last dates for receiving applications for 54th KIP is 30th June 2019, for 55th KIP is 15th July 2019 & for 56th KIP is 15th August 2019. The eligible candidates can apply ONLINE on the portal and submit the applications to this High Commission before respective last dates.
6. You are kindly requested to give a wide publicity to the Know India Programme and share the details of the programme with the eligible Persons of Indian Origin.