HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
This visa allows you to travel to India to attend a conference/Seminar/Workshop including Meetings of sports bodies like the International Olympic Association. Please note that for participation in exhibitions, trade fairs, business fairs etc., applicant must apply for Business Visa.
VISA FEE AND REQUREMENT OF DOCUMENTS:
VISA FEE : US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /- (For Nigerian nationals)
Timings for submission of Visa applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light background Photos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 - Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. Letter of invitation by name (of the applicant) with an e-mail copy to the Mission by the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (For Lagos: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Invitation is to be forwarded from the official email id of the organiser on company letterhead with mobile number of contact person. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email page with the visa application form.
7. A brief summary of paper proposed to be presented
8. Copies of the professional degree as well original should be presented.
9. A letter in original from the Employer
10. Employment Record
11. Certified bank statement for the last three months
12. Copy of provisional return air ticket and reservation of accommodation
13. Necessary clearances from Government of India (Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs and concerned nodal Ministry) for International Events.
NOTE: Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview by the Consular Officer.