HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
An Employment Visa is granted by the Indian to a foreign national as mentioned below :-
(i) A foreign technician/expert coming to India in pursuance of a bilateral agreement between the Government of India and the foreign government, or in pursuance of a collaboration agreement that has been approved by the Government of India,
(ii) In the case of highly skilled foreign personnel being employed in the IT software and IT enabled sectors,
(iii) All invitations from India to be forwarded with an e-mail copy to the Mission at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (For Lagos: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Invitation is to be forwarded from official email id on company letterhead with mobile number of contact person. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email page with the visa application form
(iv) For hiring of foreign coaches/players. Further, family members /dependents of a foreigner who is granted Employment Visa, can be granted ‘X’ Visa co-terminus with the validity of the visa of the principal visa holder or for such shorter period as may be considered necessary by the Indian Mission.
VISA FEE AND REQUIREMENTS :
VISA FEE : US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /- (For Nigerian nationals)
Timings for submission of Visa applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light background Photos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 - Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. The original proper Employment Contract of the applicant (this document will be retained by the Embassy)(This contract should show a minimum annual salary of $ 25 000/- . However, the minimum benchmark for salary is exempted in cases of ethnic cooks, foreign language teachers other than English, diplomatic missions’ employees.
7. Letter of recommendation from Nigerian football / sport’s association with contact details in original.
8. Letter of Invitation on letterhead with contact details in original from Indian Football Club. A copy directly to be sent by the Indian Football Club to High Commission to facilitate the visa. AIFF’s approval would be required for football players.
9. Certificate of Incorporation of the Indian company and in case of an NGO, copy of registration
10. The Employment Visa Proforma (this is a 3-page document)
11. Income Tax Payment Undertaking on company’s letterhead with contact details as per the standard model in original
12. Applicant’s CV
13. Photocopies of the diplomas or professional certificates justifying the applicant’s expertise in the proposed field of work along with the originals duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Education.
i) Internship in the fields of cinema, television, media, writing, publishing, press, photography, communication and advertising falls under Employment Visa category.
ii) Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview by the Consular Officer.
iii) All invitations from India to be forwarded with an e-mail copy to the Mission at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (For Lagos: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Invitation is to be forwarded from official email id on company letterhead with mobile number of contact person. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email page with the visa application form