HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
The “Journalist” visa is a term given to a visa category grouping up multiple sectors of activity. Regardless of the purpose of visit (tourism, personal or professional), applicants working in the following fields of activity are obliged to apply exclusively for a “Journalist” visa: cinema, television, media, writing, publishing, press, photography, communication, advertising… (non-exhaustive list).
Please note that a 'journalist' travelling to India for tourist or personal purposes must apply for a Journalist visa and not for a Tourist visa.
VISA FEE : US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /- (For Nigerian nationals)
Timings for submission of applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light backgroundPhotos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 - Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. In case of a professional travel: letter from your employer specifying the exact purpose of your visit and the expected start and end dates. This letter should be on company’s letterhead and written in English with contact details.
7. Certified copy of bank statement for last three months
8. Copies of provisional return air ticket and hotel accommodation
9. In case of film-shooting in India : authorisation letter from the External Publicity Division of the Ministry of External Affairs in India or Consular Section of the High Commission of India, Abuja.
i) An Employment visa would be required to do an internship in a company working in the fields of cinema, television, media, writing, publishing, press, photography, communication and advertising.
ii) Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview by the Consular Officer.