HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
A medical visa (MED Visa) is granted to a foreigner whose sole purpose of visiting India is to seek medical treatment in specialized /recognized/ established Hospitals/treatment centres in India.
VISA FEE : US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /-
Timings for submission of Visa applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light backgroundPhotos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
strong>5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. Typed Referral letter in original on letterhead with contact details, duly stamped and signed from a well reputed hospital/medical institute after examination of the patient’s condition specifying the nature of the patient’s illness and the reason for referring the patient for medical treatment to the established/specialized/recognised medical Institute/hospital concerned in India.
7. Typed Invitation letter on letterhead, duly stamped and signed with contact details, from the hospital/medical Institute in Indiaspecifying the nature of the medical treatment to be undertaken along with the start and end date of this treatment.Indian hospital to email invite to HCI email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (For Lagos: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Detail of attendant/ attendants is to be indicated with mobile number of contact person at the hospital. Applicant is to attach a printout of the invitation and the email page with the visa application form.
8. A certified bank statement of last three months/guarantee letter issued by the bank in the name of the applicant, testifying his/her ability to meet expenses to cover medical and living expenses in India for the duration of the medical treatment. In case of sponsorship, an affidavit from the sponsor along with a copy of his/her Identity Card/Passport copy is to be attached.
9. In case of follow up treatment, previous medical papers and discharge summary from Indian hospital is to be attached to the application (original to be verified by Consular Officer).
10. Patients need to attach copies their treatments in Nigeria including copies of CT Scan/MRI/X-ray reports (as applicable) (original to be verified by Consular Officer)
10. Transplant patients to produce compatibility report of donor and patient.
11. Indian hospital to undertake responsibility of the patient and attendant including immigration till his departure from India. This undertaking is to be included in the invitation letter.
NOTE: Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview at the discretion of the Consular Officer.