HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
For any Indian visa application, you are required to provide one or more photographs depending on the visa category requested. Your photos should meet the specifications established by the Indian Government.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If photos do not meet the requirements indicated below, your application will be considered incomplete and will be refused.
SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPHS :
1. It is obligatory that your photo is square and measures 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch.
2. Photos should date less than 6 months and should perfectly resemble the applicant on the day of application.
3. Colour: Photos should be in colour with a white background. Black and white photos will not be accepted.
4. Quality: Scanned or bad quality photos will be refused. Photos should be clean, not torn or creased and printed on standard photo paper.
5. Background: Background should be white. Photos with a coloured or fantasy background will be refused.
6. Framing: Photos should be taken showing the head and shoulders. The face should be centred in the frame and not turned to one side, taken between 70% and 80% of the height of the photo.
7. Expression: Subjects should have a neutral expression, with a closed mouth.
8. Hair: Hair should not cover the face.
9. Eyes: Subjects should be looking forward, with their eyes open. Glasses frames should be subtle and not block the eyes. Photos showing tinted glasses or red eyes will be refused.
10. Head coverings: Head coverings will not be accepted. The Indian Government will accept any accessories worn for religious, ethnic beliefs or antecedents provided that the face remains entirely visible.
INTRUCTIONS ON USING THE PHOTOS
(i) Your first photo should be glued on the form in the box provided on page 1 of your application form. This photo will be scanned and will appear on your visa.
(ii) Your second photo should be glued on the bottom right hand corner of page 2 of your application form.
(iii) At least two photos will be required: all photos provided must be identical.