HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
It is issued to foreign nationals visiting India for execution of projects in the power and steelC sectors, which is project specific.
VISA FEE: US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /- (For Nigerian nationals)
Timings for submission of visa applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days.
ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light background Photos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online. Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. Copy of proper contract in original/certified copy of contract
7. CV of the applicant
8. Copies along with original of Degrees, Diplomas etc. duly attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Education of Federal Republic of Nigeria or the Embassy concerned as the case may be.
9. Letter from the employer in Nigeria in original with contact details
10. Letter from the Indian company in original with contact details
11. Income tax undertaking on letterhead with contact details from the Employer in India in original
12. Copy of Certificate of Incorporation of Indian company or registration certificate
NOTE: Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview by the Consular Officer.