HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
364, CADASTRAL ZONE, CENTRAL BUSINESS AREA (CBD), FCT ABUJA (NIGERIA)
TELEPHONE: +234-7080622800-4, FAX: +234-7080622805
8A, WALTER CARRINGTON, CRESCENT, V.I., LAGOS
TELEPHONE: 01-2627680, FAX: 01-2612660
This visa allows research professors or scholars to conduct research work in India.
Visa Fee: US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00 /-
Timings for submission of applications: 1000 Hrs to 1200 Hrs on all working days. ORAL POLIO VACCINATION/IPV ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SEVEN POLIO-AFFECTED COUNTRIES INCLUDING NIGERIA IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITING INDIA FROM 01/03/2014. OPV/IPV CERTIFICATE TO BE CARRIED ALONG IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ADMINISTERING IT.
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION FOR ALL EXCEPT INFANTS UNDERSIX MONTHS AND POLIO VAC/IPV FOR ALL RESIDENTS, EXCEPTTHIRD COUNTRY FOREIGN NATIONALS, ARE COMPULSOTY FORTRAVELING TO INDIA.
1. Original passport valid for a minimum of 6 months (or for the validity requested, if greater)
2. A photocopy of the data page of the passport
3. Two photographs of the size of 50mm X 50mm i.e. 2 inch x 2 inch with light backgroundPhotos should be glued on your forms in the box provided on pages 1 and 2 of the online form.
4. Visa application form duly filled in online _ Your form should be signed in the box under the photograph on page 1 and at the end of page 2 Your signatures should match with the signature printed on your passport.
5. APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING E-MAIL ID. IF FOUND SOMEBODY ELSE’S/FALSE, VISA MAY BE REFUSED.
6. Subject/Topic of the research project
7. Details of previous visits to India.
8. Details of places to be visited during the research project in India.
9. A letter in original from a Nigerian institution acknowledging that the applicant is a bona fide researcher in their institute.
10. Letter of admission and Certificate of Affiliation in original from the recognised Indian University/Institution in token of having secured admission for the research purpose.
11. Government of India political clearance as applicable, and in cases of Medical field, Medical Council of India’s clearance is required.
11. A detailed summary written in English by the applicant regarding the research work to be done in India. In case the research proposal relates to the applicant’s own country, a brief synopsis (150 words) and justification for doing research in India should also be submitted alongwith the application.
12. A bank guarantee letter issued by the bank in the name of the applicant, testifying their ability to meet expenses of a minimum of US$700 per month to cover accommodation and living expenses in India for the duration of the stay.
NOTE: Additional documents may also be required of you at the time of interview by the Consular Officer.